Thursday, August 13, 2009

God is Still Good

Things have been going slow with the house sale, but it is in God's timing. We did have a family that looked at the place on Monday. They are supposed to be getting with the bank. Who is running our lives anyway? God knew that we needed to still have this place after Ben's surgery.

Ben is doing better. He is off the crutches and we are all glad (tired of the big baby that always wants up). Very hard to keep him down when he is always on the go.

Yesterday, we had an opportunity to work in the soul winning booth at the local Fair. We gave out a lot of tracts and saw a lot of old friends. One, that I haven't seen for a lot of years, was a teacher that I remember giving such a bad time to. I had just told a story about him two days before of how he used to be a North Pole City cop. On the night that we got married, I, inadvertently, was speeding and had smeared whipping cream (that somebody had used to spell "Just married" with) on the windshield. I was looking for a gas station to clean it off. He took us to the police garage and cleaned off the window and congratulated us, instead of giving me a ticket. I did have flash backs of all the things I did to him as a teacher.

We got more rain today and I heard that the firefighters are getting cut back in Nenana this weekend. What a smokey summer we have had; clean air is very nice for a change. It is a real shame to see how addicted some people are. The smoke on some days was so bad you could hardly breathe and people were still outside smoking.

Fall is coming! I saw 10 moose this morning on the way to Denali Park and it did frost last night. It was quite dark this morning at 4 am.; it is nice to see it get dark at night, again.

Please pray for my friend, Max. He had a stroke on Tuesday morning.

God is still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment