Monday, August 3, 2009

Life at the Mowery House

This website is something new to me. My friend, James Sjoblom, set this up for us and I am grateful.

It has been a very busy summer for us, trying to get the house ready for sale and everything else that goes with the short summer season in Alaska. The house has never looked so good! Just moving some of the junk out of it, that we have collected over the past 20 years, has helped . It is fun to see what God is doing and has done; He sure has a sense of humor deciding to use us.

Our piano sold yesterday and we have a whole list of people that want to buy our vehicles, but no real "bites" on the house, as of yet. It is all in God's timing. I do know that He is in control, even if I am not.

We had Bro. Nick and Darianne Serino over for supper tonight. We had a wonderful visit with them. I hope that after I have been on the mission field as long as they have, that I will have the strength, wisdom, and zeal that they have.

It sure has been a long summer without our wonderful Pastor Doug Duffett. He has sure been missed by, not just us, but the whole church assembly. We, as a family, have been so encouraged to see so many people stepping in to fill all the spots that have been left open. Things are going so well, in spite of Pastor's absence. I am sure that he will have his hands full trying to get us all back in line when he gets back. I love you, Preacher, and I am praying for you.

Benjamin is doing much better today. Friday, he had surgery to replace an ACL in his right knee. The doctor says that it will be a full year to get a full recovery. He has been getting around a lot better today. He will be on crutches for about 10 days. He is going to teen VBT this week. We appreciate all the people that have helped make him comfortable.

That is all for tonight. I need to be at work in a few hours.

God is still on the throne and He loves me so much that He gave His only Son just for me and you. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment